Vancouver Junior Roller Derby COVID-19 Safety Plan for Trout Lake Arena
Purpose of the Safety Plan
Maintaining youth sports to the extent possible during the COVID-19 pandemic is important for maintaining the health and well-being of youth. Vancouver Junior Roller Derby (VJRD) will be restarting non-contact, physically distanced practices while it remains safe and advisable to do so. This Safety Plan outlines the cautious, step by step safe return of VJRD. This plan sets out the measures we will implement and maintain, and it will be updated and adapted over time.
This follows the guidance provided by via Sport BC’s Return to Sport Guidelines (February 2021) and Women’s Flat Track Derby Association’s COVID-19 Guidelines to Return to Roller Derby (May 2020). This plan is shared publicly in accordance with the order of the Provincial Health Officer.
Participants must contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they suspect they have COVID-19.
Summary of Changes to Previous Operations
- People who show any symptoms that may be related to COVID-19 may not attend practice.
- All participants must complete a health survey on TeamSnap before coming to practice.
- Physical distancing is required for skaters, coaches and volunteers. Stay 3 m from other participants, taking care in washrooms and entrances/exits. The venue is marked with clearly defined entry/exit doors, spaced out seating for gear up and gear down, and a practice program promoting distancing in the skating area.
- Masks are required at all times. Wash and/or sanitize your hands regularly.
- Spectators cannot enter the practice space. Pick up your skater at the doors. Young skaters canbe assisted with their skates by a pre-registered and masked adult.
- Practice activities are modified to focus on non-contact skills, maintain physical distances, and eliminate the use of shared equipment.
- A VJRD Risk Coordinator (email@example.com) is appointed to: a) maintain and adapt the Safety Plan b) receive updates from coaches/volunteers on issues during practice with the safety plan c) ensure the Board communicates the Safety Plan adequately with the members d) initiate the Outbreak Plan (Part 7) if a COVID-19 case is diagnosed within the VJRD community
- Skaters will be provided with an alcohol solution to spray down their equipment between practices, as required by viaSport.