March 7th, 2017
In order for CRDi to keep their costs at a minimum and to keep their yearly membership at $50 they have had to adjust the way accident claims are being processed.
Representatives and skaters need to understand these very important points and how to start a claim.
- Each skaters membership is comprised of a combination of personal injury coverage AND liability insurance used by the league to rent venues and have games.
- Claims need to processed within 30 days
- How to start a claim * New online form to fill out (CRDI Injury Report)
- ALL skaters that do not have additional insurance above their provincial health care, especially skaters that travel to the USA or extensively through Canada, should protect themselves by purchasing a plan that will cover all expenses in the event they are ever hurt.
- The CDRI plan does not cover loss of wages
Injuries -. Insurance covers skaters for accidents while skating at a league sanctioned practice, during games and league sanctioned events. CRDi insurance is a secondary insurance that pays for injuries over and above your provincial health care and own private health care.
Should you become injured at a practice or game, visit the CDRI website and complete the online Injury claim form CRDI Injury Report within 24 – 48 hours. CRDi will follow up by emailing you the appropriate claim forms within 24-48 hours. Please fill out the forms and send them back to them as soon as possible. Claims need to be filed within 30 days and submitted to the insurance company by CRDi. CRDi is the authorized body and only they can submit your claim to the insurance company on your behalf to secure the policy and no false claims are put through by someone not a member of their plan. Once the claim is open, then the injured skater can submit any receipts and take over the process of handling the claim securing your privacy.
CRDi can not ensure that any claim will be processed if you try to claim past the 30 days requirement of our plan therefore it is important you manage your injury right away.
CRDi cannot stress enough that ALL skaters that do not have additional insurance above their provincial health care, especially skaters that travel to the USA or extensively through Canada, protect themselves by purchasing a plan that will cover all expenses in the event they are ever hurt.
CRDI accident insurance is a very limited plan that meets the requirements WFTDA and USARS.
Their plan does not cover loss of wages. There are many plans that will meet your budget and protect you. CRDi does not sell these packages, it is each skaters choice to obtain such a plan. PackisHere is one option available to you that we do know many skaters use, please visit PackIsHere for more information.