Insurance Claims and Coverage
In order for WFTDi to keep their costs at a minimum and to keep their yearly membership at $50 they have had to adjust the way accident claims are being processed.
Representatives and skaters need to understand these very important points and how to start a claim.
- Each skater’s membership includes a combination of personal injury coverage AND liability insurance used by the league to rent venues and have games.
- Claims need to be processed within 30 days
- How to start a claim * New online form to fill out (WFTDi Injury Report)
- ALL skaters that do not have additional insurance above their provincial health care, especially skaters that travel to the USA or extensively through Canada, should protect themselves by purchasing a plan that will cover all expenses in the event they are ever hurt.
- The WFTDi plan does not cover the loss of wages
Injuries -. Insurance covers skaters for accidents while skating at a league sanctioned practice, during games and league-sanctioned events. WFTDi insurance is secondary insurance that pays for injuries over and above your provincial health care and your own private health care.
Should you become injured at a practice or game, visit the WFTDi website and complete the online Injury claim form WFTDi Injury Report within 24 – 48 hours. WFTDi will follow up by emailing you the appropriate claim forms within 24-48 hours. Please fill out the forms and send them back to them as soon as possible. Claims need to be filed within 30 days and submitted to the insurance company by WFTDi. WFTDi is the authorized body and only they can submit your claim to the insurance company on your behalf to secure the policy and no false claims are put through by someone not a member of their plan. Once the claim is open, then the injured skater can submit any receipts and take over the process of handling the claim securing your privacy.
WFTDi can not ensure that any claim will be processed if you try to claim past the 30 days requirement of our plan, therefore, it is important you manage your injury right away.
WFTDi cannot stress enough that ALL skaters that do not have additional insurance above their provincial health care, especially skaters that travel to the USA or extensively through Canada, protect themselves by purchasing a plan that will cover all expenses in the event they are ever hurt.
WFTDi accident insurance is a very limited plan that meets the requirements of WFTDA and USARS.
Their plan does not cover the loss of wages. There are other plans that will meet your budget and protect you. WFTDi does not sell these packages, it is each skaters choice to obtain such a plan.